Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It is a Cherry Red, White, and Blue Vintage Holiday!

I can't believe that it is already July and we are half way through the summer.  This week I decided to share the flag that I picked up from a dealer in the antique mall I sell at.  The flag fiasco is finally behind me!  If you don't know what I am referring to look back at last weeks post. This is a 48 star flag and is in great condition.


In addition, to my vintage flag, I added a white rocking chair.  After some research, I discovered that this rocker is either referred to as a nursing rocker or a sewing rocker.  The rocker is lower to the ground than most but it is bigger than a kids size.  I believe it to be 1930s-1940s.  The reason it is so low to the ground is to make it easier to reach things such as, bottles or knitting supplies.

                                                                

It takes up very little room and fits in perfect on my covered porch.   The seat of the rocker has a star design detail and adds to the July 4th flare and patriotic feeling I was going for. 

Looking at our flag and the colors reminds me of how proud I am to be an American.  I am blessed to live in a country that is truly free.





















Have a wonderful 4th of July Holiday everyone.  Enjoy the fireworks, food, family, midweek break from work and if your lucky  some thrifting/treasure hunting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment