Thursday, July 26, 2012

Picking Pyrex Scooter Style

Living on the coast has many advantages and the weather is number one.  So, one of the things on my wish list when I moved here was a vintage scooter to whisk up and down the coast on.  It has so many advantages that an suv just can't compete with.  The ability to whisk in an out of shops, thrift stores, and yard sales.  Its the ultimate picking vehicle for treasure hunting smalls.  

This weekend I picked up the retro looking scooter from a local dealer and I couldn't be happier.  The scooter is new but has all the looks of a vintage machine from the past without the hassle and maintenance of an older model.  I never knew that a little scooter could be this much fun.

The scooter went on its first treasure hunt earlier this week.  I stopped off at a local thrift store and found more Pyrex than I have ever see there before.  I picked up a small woodland bowl, a green bowl and 9 Pyrex mugs from a pattern I have never seen before.  I have opted to keep 4 and the rest are headed to my booth where I can pass on the savings to another collector.  Overall a great hall and I was able to break in my new cherry picking toy. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your vintage scooter, and especially the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is such a thrill to whisk up and down the coast on it. Having so much fun picking with it!

      Delete
  2. so cute! what kind of scooter is it??

    ReplyDelete