Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pyrex Picking Fairy Delivering Goodwill

I walk into my favorite Goodwill store periodically hoping to find a bunch of vintage goodness on the shelves.  Most of the time it is a big miss.  But, this week I scored with multiple pieces of Pyrex.  This makes 2 weeks in a row of going into this particular store and finding Pyrex sitting there waiting for me.  

Over the last few months I have been reading other blogs that show the crazy prices Goodwill is putting on Pyrex.  I have also ran into DWD (dishwasher damaged) or less than good condition Pyrex priced way over even etsy or ebay there.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                   This can be frustrating to say the least.  However, It looks like Goodwill is coming back down on their pricing of Pyrex to a more reasonable level.  

 I was really excited to fill my cart with tons of Pyrex goodness and left a few pieces on the shelf for other Pyrex collectors too.  Some of my finds will go into my personal collection and others will be placed in my Etsy store or down at the antique mall.  I hope the trend continues in my local thrift stores and yours as well. 
 
Good luck picking this week and stop by your local Goodwill store and see if the Pyrex Picking Fairy has paid a visit. 












2 comments:

  1. I know right! :) Love Love Love when that happens. Thanks for reading Jill!

    ReplyDelete