Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vintage suitcase Overhaul and Repurposed

I found this great vintage Monarch suitcase on a recent pick and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I wanted to create a dog bed for my living room. I have seen these done before on Pinterest and other DIY sites and knew I could do this on a thrifty budget too.

Finding a blue vintage suitcase has been on my list for sometime and I finally completed the dog bed project to share with you, my readers. Here are the supplies I used below

The hardest part was getting the 2 sides of the luggage apart. Some people that have done this have kept the suitcase together. I chose to take it apart. After I painted the legs red I attached the legs to the suitcase with screws, added a dog bed and dog. My dog MacIntosh loves his bed. It is off the ground and looks so much better with my vintage decor as an added piece of furniture. This project is limited only by ones imagination. I only spent $10 to complete this project!

Happy cherry picking!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun project! And your puppy is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete