Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Vintage Wreath Extravaganza

What started out as a hopeful holiday craft project has taken on a life of its own. I have always loved decorating for the holidays but this year I have been especially excited. I decided I wanted to jump on the create a vintage ornament wreath band wagon. So, I have been collecting ornaments for the past several months with this goal in mind.

I have found them at estate sales, flea markets, and thrift stores. I was especially lucky to purchase several of the ornaments from a dealer who had just cleaned out her parents attic and was getting ready to put them up for sale. I just love when vintage piece, price and buying opportunity all come together!

Here is the wreath I created for my front door.

This is when my project took on a life of its own. I had some left over ornaments and decided I would make one for my shop to sell. I thought maybe I could make back my cost for my own project. I received some positive feedback and because I had such a fun time making them I made 3 more! I know, you don't have say it, it's crazy! At least you have something to look at and I had a good time making them :) My only problem now is what should I do with them? Should I sell them? What do you guys think a fair price is? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE them all!!! You did such a great job! A fair price is hard to say - they're just so dang cool. That one Georgia Peaches chick sells hers for a pretty penny, so maybe look at hers to get some price inspiration. I do know yours are super cool so don't undersell yourself. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will look at her site and see what is going on with price. Thank you for your suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Omigosh blogger is so touchy I deleted comments rather than published them :( Sorry if your was deleted bc I love the feedback I get here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look wonderful! I'm crafty, but this is one band wagon I won't be jumping on... I like my vintage ornaments on trees and strung around the house. A wreath is a cool Idea, but seems so permanent, and I'd be to afraid of it falling off the door and breaking! Yours are super duper swanky though, a gleaming Christmas treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have some red white and blue vintage ornaments that I would never touch for anything crafty. But I justified these because they were bought for this project specifically. Swanky! I love it. Thanks. Ps got any blow molds for sale lol

      Delete
  4. Hi there! This is my first time here.

    I love your wreaths! I made an ornament wreath this year, too!
    I was advised not to hang it outside in the cold or the glue would draw up and the balls would fall off. I just set it out there on my love seat and sure enough- they started falling off!
    I'm so disappointed! I'm curious if yours is doing okay on your door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had that happen yet. But I will let you know if that happens. I hope they don't start falling off that would be so sad :(

      Delete