Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pyrex Turkey Day advertising and more

Thanksgiving is here and officially begins the busy holiday season. We will gather around tables stuff our faces, nap to backgrounds of football and movies. It is one of the best times of year.

Those are not the only reasons. There is Pyrex of course and the opportunity to put to use on a larger scale my collection. The 404s are great for mixing up a big batch of my grandmas yeast rolls. The pie plates, the casseroles, the divided dishes, fridgies, the Pyrex possibilities are endless.

Recently I had a small resell score. I rewarded myself by purchasing the remaining dot bowls online to complete my set. I also, picked up this 1940s Pyrex Thanksgiving store advertising display. I think it might be one of my favorite pieces. I love old advertising and the way it lets you look through the window of time.

Here are a few of my vintage Thanksgiving decorations. I always put something in this antique rocker on my porch with the changing seasons. Isn't Tom cute! He is from the 1970s.

I also found this vintage honeycomb turkey that I proudly displayed on my 1966 radio. I will have to blog about the radio in a future post. It's awesome!


Have a wonderful Pyrex filled Thanksgiving everyone!

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    I love Pyrex but don't have many pieces. I don't find them often when thrifting..at least not in the nice shape like yours are in...Love your vintage radio! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the advertising display. Can't wait to hear the story about the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! That Pyrex ad is super cool. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete