Monday, December 2, 2013

Mid Century Fireplace Fun Find!

#24

This fireplace is from the 1960s and is the perfect shade of vintage Christmas green. I found this about a month ago in a house that was completely 1960s-1970s. I wish I had taken photos. The carpet, the furniture, the clothes in the closet was mid century. I was invited by a fellow dealer to pick before the estate sale took place. Score! It was fun.

I actually left the fireplace and had to go back for it. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It works perfect and can either be a functional heater or just flicker light as though a fire was actually burning through the logs. I haven't decided if it will stay or go when the holidays are over. What do you guys think?

 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! You might have to keep it after the holidays. It's pretty fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. :) would you believe this house had 2. The other one was somewhat bigger and was off white and gold. I have never seen anything like it.

      Delete
  3. We would love one like that!?

    ReplyDelete