Sunday, December 29, 2013

Shhh it's a secret Santa Surprise um for me?

Ok, so we have all done it. We buy something for ourselves when we know we should be buying for others or not spending in the first place. Then we are riddled with guilt and are forced to confess or come up with a cover story. I opted for the later.

This is what I bought on a whim and for a great price. I could not pass it up. Even if it was 3 weeks before Christmas and there was a chance I could be gifted it because it was at the top of my Pyrex wish list.

The Starburst! In perfect, wonderful and amazing condition! So, this is the cover story I came up with. I decided I would wrap it, put it under the tree, make out a tag from Santa. I also, bought my spouse an additional gift and placed it under the tree from Santa. Guilt Free!

When it was time to open gifts, I said I wonder what those gifts are. I opened mine first and pretended that I had no idea what I was unwrapping. It was so much fun to see my spouses reaction. The plan worked like a charm. I didn't end up receiving another Starburst, thank goodness, because that would have made me feel bad. It ended up working out perfectly and was so funny when I explained how I had planned my Santa surprise.

 

6 comments:

  1. Ha-ha! You goof!
    I'm glad you got what you wanted for Christmas! :)

    It is very, very pretty! The perfect shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Sometimes you have to be creative. Lol

      Delete
  2. Nice job!!! That's what I should have done, there's always next year I guess.
    Starburst is on the top of my list too, right next to Balloons. And yeah for a good price! That one can get so out of control sometimes.
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of control is putting it mildly. If I ever come across one for $5 lol I will give you first dibs. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Good idea! & nice new piece. I might just be doing this next year.

    Starburst isn't in my top 10, but I'd like to own it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to take your idea for myself next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete