Monday, January 13, 2014

1952 Trailer trash/treasure update

So, Aunt Polly, my 1952 vintage travel trailer, has been on a long winter break. She has been resting and enjoying her break. I didn't want y'all to think I have forgotten about her. I still buy things for the trailer when I am out treasure hunting. This is the latest.

This is a Smokey the bear pin board or memo board. I don't think it was ever used. I will be putting this in the canned ham somewhere. It goes with my vintage campy vibe. Once Spring arrives I will be showing you more work that has been completed and more treasures I hope to find.

Does anyone know what year this is from or any information about this item? I would love to know more.

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I'm excited to see what you've been up to in there. It's so much fun to follow along on this project. Makes me all dreamy for a vintage trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to have more time for it!

      Delete
  2. Love it!
    I loved Smokey when I was a little girl!
    Once upon a time on a blog somewhere, I read a little tribute/history of smokey so I know there's info on the net if you search!
    I look forward to seeing Aunt Polly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. I read a few things but wish I had more information of this item in particular. But I will keep searching. It so much fun finding the unexpected an learning about it.

      Delete