Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Can people be vintage?

Last week I attended the NAMM show in Anaheim, California. It is an exclusive music industry only show. New products, technology and all things music everywhere. I love going. My favorite part is the celebrity sightings. I especially love the opening event, the Breakfast of Champions, because they usually have some interesting people show up. This year the one and only Smokey Robinson joined us at the table! So, I was able to enjoy breakfast while listening to Smokey stories 5 feet from me!

Smokey's career is legendary and it was awesome to hear him speak over breakfast. The vintage music of the Motown era evokes memories for so many people. Smokey is a vintage living legend. Just like Pyrex, they don't make them like they used to. Lol

There were many vintage inspired designs from the 40s-70s everywhere. I especially loved the museum display with all the real antique and vintage items from pre-war to WW2. Awesome!

More sightings included Stevie Wonder, Paul Oakenfold, Jonny Lang, Steven Tyler, Sly Stone and so many more! I had a blast, a few drinks, learned a ton and enjoyed time with friends new/old. I even went to a few places around town and scored some major treasure. Stay tuned for the treasure report coming soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment