Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shirley Temple, recent finds and more!

By now, most everyone has read or heard the news that Shirley Temple has died. It was interesting revisiting her career and life. My grandmother loved her. She would often times fix my moms hair to look like the young Temple. All of these thoughts reminded me of my one and only Shirley Temple find. I went looking knowing I had carefully placed them somewhere. lol

I am not sure if these were cutouts from a game or paper doll like items? I know that it is exactly the image we all remember of Shirley Temple and the image I think of when I think about my mother as a little girl.

In other finds...

I finally completed my pink set!! I thought I had completed it before when I was in an antique mall and spotted what I thought I needed to complete my set. I splurged and ended up with a duplicate. This is when everyone says, boooooooo! So, I made a very detailed mental note and finally found my remaining bowl for a steal at $5!

I have it all displayed for the month of February with some red bowls I have.
I love the large 404 red bowl that is also a recent find.
A Bidding war on this one cost me $12 instead of $4 at a local auction.

Here is my Pyrex Valentine Display! Have great week!

 

11 comments:

  1. And such a sweet little cupboard you have it displayed in!

    (My mom was dressed like Shirley, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Holly. Your always so encouraging! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. LUV! the colors how fitting for Valentine. Since I found your blogs I seemed to be drawn to looking for Pyrex. I have the green Verde(??) I think that is right, anyway it was a wedding gift 43 years ago. You have to be a very lucky lady cause you always find some interesting Pyrex. Keep up the good hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new collector! Love hearing that. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Your shelf looks wonderful! Almost like a department store display from back in the day.
    I have one Shirley Temple item that my Great Grandmother found years ago and decided was special, just for me. The little blue glass creamer and cereal bowl with Shirley's face on it. Not sure why she thought of me when it came to those items, but I'm sure thankful she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee thanks Melissa:) I would love to see the creamer and bowl. Have you featured them before on your blog? They sound amazing! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red & pink together. It looks great! I am missing one bowl to complete my pink set - now I am inspired to start looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more to go! Wishing you good luck in your pink hunt :)

      Delete
  6. I love seeing everyone's pink items and yet I don't collect pink. They look fabulous with the red...guess it's good thing we don't all collect the same things, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's right. There was a lady in front of me at the thrift store today and picked up a perfectly good Pyrex red bowl and my heart sank bc I missed it by seconds. But then she was like $4! That is ridiculous! I quickly scooped it up, of course. It was worth it to me bc I love red but not to her lol

      Delete
  7. Hooray for finishing your pink set! They looks so great with your red pieces!

    ReplyDelete