Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thermos Thursday: A Journey from Hoarder to Collector

I don't know when it started exactly. Treasure hunting can do that to you. One minute you are buying something because it appeals to you and the next you have another, then another and another. Until the day comes that you must admit you are either a hoarder or a collector. That is what happened with my thermos collection.

I have a thermos collection and this is my first public confession. It started innocent enough but now it is bursting at the seams. I want to display them but how or where. Anyway, I wanted to share them with you. At least now I can justify the storage space somewhat. After all, it's for the blog! :)

The thermos that started it all.

The big boys.

The stainless one.

I think I only have a few the size of this blue one.

I think the plaid one is my favorite.

Thanks for stopping by and have a treasure filled rest of the week!

 

8 comments:

  1. I have the pink one!
    I have many collections but they are all small.
    I saw an awesome thermos collection displayed on a restaurant wall.
    Not sure how the mounted them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine what your describing. If only I had that free space above the cabinets that some have in their kitchens. Great idea it has my wheels turning :)

      Delete
  2. Nice collection! I have a couple but it's not something I see very often, probably just as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! It is weird how that works. It's the same with Pyrex. Certain patterns seem to be concentrated in one another over another. Off to a rainy sale, have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I like the plaid one too. You have an awesome collection! I saw a Pin the other night showing someones HUGE thermos collection. It was a thing of beauty for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will have to look on pinterest to see if I can find it.

      Delete
  4. I like the Barbour pole one with stripes! Quite the collection you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorites too! This collection is starting to get out of control, but for now it still makes me smile :) thanks for stopping by. Aunt Polly Update coming soon!!

      Delete