Thursday, March 6, 2014

Flips, Finds, and Flops

I am a collector turned dealer. I would like to think I am not the type of dealer that only sees $ in objects but sees the appeal, history and charm. I still get excited no matter how big or small an item is. However, there are always ups and downs in the antique and collectibles world whether your a collector, dealer or both.

Here is a recent successful flip. I bought this vintage Zina lamp for $35. It even had its original label. The Zina lamp was made in Woodacre California. I believe it is from the 1950s 1960s. Sold for $125! I am pretty sure I sold it to another dealer and they will sell it for more. Sometimes when selling, it is about moving it out the door. So, you can buy something else cool, like Pyrex ;)

The flop. I bought these Danish modern tables for around $50 each. I thought they were awesome! I still do. But they are sitting for sale and they haven't moved. I have even reduced the price to what I paid for them. Which would actually be a loss when it's all said and done. Big Flop!

The finds. I recently came across this awesome Mid-century cabinet. I love it and it cleaned up super nice. I store my refriderator sets in the top cabinet and mail/keys/ect in the cabinet below that. It has a counter top that slides out which is a fun feature. I will show the collection of Pyrex another time but the fridge sets fit perfectly.

I also found some Pyrex! Which I think I have mentioned I love! :)))) The space saver lid and bowl were my only finds at an estate sale I waited to open for more than 2 hours. I was #11. The house had nothing spectacular. I was glad I didn't camp out in my car like numbers 1-4 did. Crazy!

 

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing these selling or not selling experiences! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it interesting to read others buying/selling stories too. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and say hello. :)

      Delete