Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pyrex advertising My Favorite!

I have been MIA lately but that doesn't mean I have stopped treasure hunting! I have many things I have not shared and hope to share soon.

I love vintage advertising pieces. I love the colors, graphics and the way a piece lets you look back in time. My favorite is Pyrex advertising. I like the magazine articles but I really love the early store displays. These are very rare and hard to find. I usually turn to hunting online for these pieces.

This is latest addition to my collection. This item is made out of card board, large, and folds flat. It was used in a department store to hold pie plates that were for sale. Pyrex loved to target brides to be and adding this pretty bride to this large store display was no exception. It is dated and shows a date of the late 1940s! This item is on display with my other store display items and it makes me happy every time I see.

Have a great week!

 

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about MIA, I have had only a few "free moments" since March! The Store display is REALLY neat! A friend of mine gave me a 1942 copy of LIFE magazine a few weeks ago, it has a Pyrex ad targeted at newly weds! Haha it shows all this great loot and the husband says "Hey! Who are you marrying me, or the Pyrex!" Lawdy how times have changed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Lol thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words and for following my blog! I will be heading over to check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  3. What a great PYREX advertisement.

    ReplyDelete