Thursday, June 19, 2014

The coolest find of my season so far!

There are a handful of finds that stick out above the sea of treasures I bring home season after season. However, I didn't find my tiny treasure in an attic, basement or even a flea market. I discovered it in a brand new dealers booth at my local antique mall. For those of you that are not aware, new dealers are the best! They have fresh merchandise and usually cheaper prices because they are still learning how it all works.

This tiny RCA speaker from the late 1940s is just so cool! Its Art Deco design and heavy metal case are not even the best things about it. The cord is in great shape and after bringing it home and finding out it works, I am in love! I ordered a phono jack to 3.5mm converter so I can play my Iphone on it.

I placed a vintage mug next to the speaker in the photo below to show you the size of the speaker. I have never come across a vintage speaker this small. The price was unbelievable, at just $15! I looked these up and they can go over $100 and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there!

Until next time, you can find me relaxing to tunes played through my new RCA vintage speaker, mint julep in hand! Happy Summer Cherry Picking!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's adorable! I can't believe you'll be able to listen to your Iphone on it!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete