Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sister, Sister Pyrex Hunter in Training!

Over the last several years, I have been slowly educating my sister about my love and obsession with vintage Pyrex. She has acquired many bowls on my behalf and frequently text me pictures of finds from yard sales, antique stores and friends cupboards. Lol

The most recent find was the best so far! A vintage Pyrex lasagna pan. As, collectors we all know that these particular pans can be pricey. Also, for me they have been very hard to find outside of ebay. So, you can imagine my excitement when I recieved a text from my sister with the solid orange pan!

My sister's text was immediately followed by my speed dialing her and asking how much. I held my breath and when she said $3 I screamed buy it now!! Amazing find, considering these go for much much more and I didn't have one in my collection!

Thank God for Sisters and Vintage pyrex :)

As you can see you can never have too much Pyrex...right?

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love all the colors, I have a few more pieces out there I would like to find, but i'm in no hurry! haha. I love the orange lasagna pan, we use it at Halloween during our Costume Ball, I wish there were more black Pyrex pieces to pair it with. Congrats on your score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween! Great idea! I don't have any black pieces either. I will keep my eyes out now though. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! My sister would probably just roll her eyes at me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny. She does roll her eyes, but I think she enjoys looking too!

      Delete