Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Vintage Sign of the Times

One of my favorite things is vintage advertising. I just love it. The graphics, the colors and the window to the past it gives anyone who finds it. I have many types of advertising signs. They include bus street signs, soda, and my most cherished Pyrex store display signs.

Recently I attended an auction and was able to purchase a few unique pieces that I have added to my collection.


I love this very old framed advertsing for starch. I think it will look lovely in my laundry room!

The Yankee Doodle sign was an after thought. It originally was sold to another dealer and I bought it from them after the auction. Thankfully the dealer was super nice and I didn't pay way too much for it.

The feed store sign was just too cute and although I have no place for it to go now I'm holding on to it. Maybe someday I will build my own chicken coop and this will be perfect inside. Overall I'm happy with my purchases. I bought more but I will share those at a later time. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

 

4 comments:

  1. The fonts, I adore the fonts on all of these signs! Especially the feed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feed sign I originally bought to sell but after discussing it with my better half, it's a keeper!

      Delete
  2. Love that Yankee Doodle sign! I'm with Mick though, I like all the different fonts on those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam! So glad you stopped by :)

      Delete