Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tick Tock Clock Score and More!

Recently, I was out running errands and I needed to stop by the clock shop in town to have some battery's replaced in several watches. I have a thing for watches and have a collection in the hundreds. They range from vintage to modern in both style and age. With such a large collection of watches it seems I always need a new battery for at least one of them.

The place I took it to is a clock repair and restoration shop. They "specialize" and are "experts". At least that's what I thought. I dropped off my watches and decided to look around the store while they changed the battery's. When I spotted the Midcentury mantle clock and saw it had been rewired I had to know what the price was.

I quickly went to the counter and inquired about the Jefferson Golden Minute clock. The lady told me it doesn't work. I explained about the new wiring and she plugged it in for 2 seconds and unplugged it telling me again it doesn't work. Knowing it takes longer than a few seconds for old motors to get going I asked how much the clock was as is. She gave me a funny look and said $20! I couldn't get my card out fast enough.

This lady "clock expert" turned out to not be an expert at all. The clock had been completely restored with new wiring and works Great! I had a feeling it would.

I also, picked up a few pieces of Pyrex. The 404 Harvest wheat and the opal loaf pan. I already have the full harvest wheat set but this was in great condition and the price was right. It's available for trade if anyone is interested.

Have a Cherry Picked Week Ya'll!

 

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when we know more about things than the so called experts? Definitely worked out for you. Man they lost out!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super great! I love that it worked out for me this time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love it when that happens?! Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, I do! I love old clocks. Thanks for following along Mick.

      Delete
  3. That clock is amazing! It's just gorgeous. This is my first visit and I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So happy to have you follow along.

      Delete