Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Walking in a Winter Hot Chocolate Land

The bar cart craze is in full swing and I am jumping on the bandwagon. Last year, I saw House of Hawthornes Hot Cocoa station and knew that I wanted to do my own version. I have gathered vintage pieces from flea markets to antique malls throughout the year to accomplish the task.

The first thing I wanted to find was a vintage bar/kitchen cart. I have a few of these already but they are in good condition. I wanted one that needed paint. I wanted to paint it that vintage lime Christmas green and red. I finally, found a cart that needed help and was cheap.

The next item I found was the 1950s Nestle hot chocolate diner hot plate. I found this item at a local antique mall. I love the graphics and vintage advertising. The best part is that it works! It heats the water or keeps coffee ready to drink whenever the mood strikes. The original coffee pot was missing so I added the Pyrex carafe to serve up some hot chocolate goodness.

I then added the Lustro ware cookie jar. It holds everything one might need to make the perfect cup of Hot chocolate. The vintage bar shaker holds the paper straws picked up at my local Target store. The second shelf holds the vintage coffee jars that I am using to hold candy canes and marshmallows. Delicious right? Also, stored on the second shelf are red and green vintage mugs.

Adding to the finishing touches are all my knee huggers and friends. I even added an old copy of A Christmas Carol to the bottom shelf and Babes in Toyland record. Here is what it all looks like put together. This Hot Chocolate bar will be open throughout the winter months. I'm enjoying a hot cup now on this rainy December morning. Enjoy your week!

 

9 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that Nestles display... coveting that so much right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! Heading to your blog to see what you have been up to :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is so much FUN! You should make one to enjoy for yourself.

      Delete
  3. I love it! I did a similar area in the corner of my kitchen for coffee. That Nestle warmer is the best!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Erica! It is my favorite too.

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful! You did a great job!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete