Monday, March 2, 2015

Manic Monday, wish it were estate sale Saturday!

Things are picking up in estate sale land and that makes this cherry picker very happy. However, the funds are on a trickle right now with sales in the booth and online down. It is typical this time of year for sales to be slow but usually there is not a lot to buy either.

I picked up a few neat things lately. This Coca-cola bottle carrier was something I thought was interesting. I have never seen anything like it. It came out of a really old collection but I'm not sure if this is a reproduction or what. I thought it was worth the gamble but have still not found any information on it. I guess I will hang on to it until I can find something out about it.

I also found this LP jute type bag/backpack. It says music collection but again I don't know how old it is or anything. I just thought it was interesting.

One thing I do know a lot about is Pyrex. I was able to score this 404 Aqua bowl from the swap meet last week. I saw it sitting on a table several yards away and made a beeline for the bowl. However, I intentionally made myself pick up something else next to it and examine it closely. Knowing I was not interested in anything but the aqua bowl! Containing my excitement paid off when I casually gestured to the bowl and asked how much is the light blue bowl. The seller spit out a higher than expected figure but I kept my cool and I was able to negotiate a fair price. It is now listed here https://www.etsy.com/listing/224661382/vintage-pyrex-turquoise-aqua-blue-404?ref=shop_home_active_1 in my etsy shop. However, it is available for trade too if you have something I want or need. For example, the Spring Blossom Lasagna pan or the 441 friendship are just a few of the pieces I'm looking for.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and welcome to March everybody!

 

1 comment: